Monday, May 23, 2011

catchup

Two outfits, the first I bought for a party at the last minute from F21 & I know alot of people complain about f21 but I am always really happy with what I buy there and for two pieces I think I spent less than 50 dollars so I can't complain about it. The dress is a floral chiffon with princess sleeves and the sweater vest is sleeveless with this pretty back crochet detail ;_; Shrug. The second is a dress from modcloth which I like but I think this outfit was awkward because the black sweater I wore with it looked bunched up, oh well :p

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

I finally bought a vintage absinthe spoon, it took me a bit of time to do because I wanted a victorian piece and it was hard to commit to the price, but I finally did (if I can commit to 80+ dollars for a bottle of absinthe I can commit to the spoon :P) I think the spoon is important, you can caramelized your sugar by pouring the absinthe over the sugar cubes and lighting them on fire. I wasn't always the biggest fan of the licorice taste but working with anise in my scent making actually made me appreciate the scent/taste in a different way; our botanical gardens has an anise garden and it is so strong, you can literally rub the leaves and the scent will cover your fingers all day - I really respect the plant itself.

יפה וחזיונות

יפה וחזיונות

יפה וחזיונות

I have also been working on making solid glosses. Working being the key word, I havent found a method I really love yet and mostly I have been in the kitchen with my dyes, scents, tastes and mediums. Nevermind trying to find the right pans and lockets to put it in - I was torn for days over whether it would be better as a ring or necklace but, maybe because of childhood nostalgia over sanrio gloss rings, rings really stuck with me. I am trying different colors and names, they are centered around corpses. My purple is putrefaction, my black is postmortem. I also want to do a crimson but I need to think longer on the name for that one. I had thought, originally, about calling it femoral artery (blood, red, etc) but I don't think it goes with the other two names as nicely & neatly; at the same time, though, I think telling someone the color on your lips is femoral artery is kind of dreamy?

עשה עם היד שלי

עשה עם היד שלי

עשה עם היד שלי

A few other purchases, two more gunne sax dresses - the first is just an amazing renaissance piece & as god is my witness I am going to a renaissance fair this year with it & the second is a sheer lace dress.. I guess you wear it over another dress? I cant figure out how it was meant to be worn but I am sure it will come to me. And look!! I complete collection of edgar allen poe's work. I am so in love with this and had to have it and luckily the seller was willing to trade for items from my shop instead of the asking price of 200+ dollars, so I really got lucky there!! I actually trade 10x more than I sell and everyone always wonders why I am so broke but it's because I use my etsy shop for an old west barter system more than a source of income, haha. I like 60s dresses and vintage books, what can I say.



3 comments:

  1. Oh please please please make a clear/light blue one and call it rigor mortis - or, right, pallor mortis, if you wanna be literal. :O I like femoral artery for the red, but you're right, it doesn't flow as nicely as the other two...

    And that spoon you got? Amazing. I've never actually had absinthe the proper way, but now you're making me want to try it. I think there's a spoon lying around here somewhere.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your posts are so uplifting. I love the things your make and your words make them even more interesting.

    Those Poe book, omg, so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the lip stain really works as a ring and the names are really awesome. I like femoral artery for the red, it doesn't necessarily go with the others but I think it does sound really cool.

    ReplyDelete