Wednesday, May 25, 2011

master of monster;

This is kind of a different post for me but I recently finished playing DevilMayCry4 and it is hard to play a DMC game (or a capcom game in general) without getting nostalgia over anime series. I was in the mood to look up dante fanart which made me think back to other hunky anime characters I felt like looking at which made me think of Alucard from Hellsing. I loved a site back in the early 2000s, probably around 2004? That specialized in Alucard & Integra fanart and I was so happy to see that it is not only up, but it is still being updated!! Of course, the images I fell in love with were in a folder marked {old}, which made me sad, but it was fun seeing how her style has changed over the years. I always felt like she perfectly captured Alucard & really, if you want an interesting anime or manga Hellsing is what I will always suggest!

master of monster & the no life king

Does anyone know of any artists who put this much detail into DevilMayCry or Dante in general?







6 comments:

  1. I've seen a few decent Dante fanart pieces on Tumblr, but they're rarely credited. :S I like this one from Pixiv though:

    http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=1366568

    And for some reason people always seem to draw Nero better. Go figure!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are actually fanart from Helling (the manga/anime). Dante happens to bear a very similar resemblance to the main character. The fansite is Solid & Etc: http://www5e.biglobe.ne.jp/~solid/. I was a really into Hellsing back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep.. i said all of that in my post and linked to the site.. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, you're right! Now I feel silly. Totally didn't read that whole text blurb. I got too excited over knowing where the images were from. I'm glad I'm not the only one who still remembers that fan site! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. no problem haha, I was really excited too :) Im glad someone but me remembers that site!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just remembered a completely unrelated matter. What's your opinion on Dante's redesign for DMC?

    xx

    ReplyDelete