Friday, June 24, 2011

misc

Sometimes I’ll be here late at night. This is after everyone’s gone. Then I’ll be walking around alone after midnight and my dream is that some night around the next corner will be an open crypt in the wall and near it will be a desiccated cadaver, the skin wilted on its face and its dress suit stiff and blotched with the fluids dripping and leaked out of its body. I’ll come across this carcass in some dim gallery, silent except for the buzz of a single fluorescent tube flashing strobes of lightning in the last few moments before it will leave me in the dark, forever, with this dead monster. The cadaver eyes should be collapsed into dark sockets, and I want it to stumble blind and clutching the cold marble walls with smears of rotted paste that expose the bones inside each hand. The tired mouth of it hanging open, the lost nose of it just two dark holes, the loose shirt of it resting low on the exposed collarbones. I’ll be looking for names I know from the obituaries. Carved here forever are the names of people who took my advice. Go ahead. Kill yourself. Beloved Son. Gentle Daughter. Devoted Friend. Pull the trigger. Exalted soul. I want to be chased by flesh-eating zombies. I want to be walking past the marble slab covering a crypt and hear something scratching and struggling inside. At night, I flatten my ear cold against the marble and wait. This is why I’m really here. Not that I’m crazy or anything, I just want some proof that death isn’t the end. Even if crazed zombies grabbed me in some dark hall one night, even if they tore me apart, at least that wouldn’t be the absolute end. There would be some comfort in that. It would prove some kind of life after death, and I would die happy. So I wait. So I watch. I listen. I put my ear to each cold crypt. I write, No activity within Crypt 7896. No activity within Crypt 7897. No activity within Crypt 7898. - CHUCKP

My longtime standing favorite excerpt from any chuckP book (fitting with this image, I think)

In any case I found this strange little crematory tag in the wet outdoors & turned it into a necklace. Otherwise two bayou shots, collecting moss.

misc

misc

misc

misc

This little mediteranian gecko baby hopped on me from the trees. He was so friendly! Although it was hard to get clear pictures with him being skittish :p

misc

misc

This is generally how my candles look when burnt, some people have asked because I embedd moss & flowers in them. The longer they burn the more translucent they become, eventually you can see through the entire candle and its just suspended moss and leaves.

misc

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that quote. I know it's not quite the same thing, but it made me think... I've always thought people liked horror movies because they simply like the adrenaline rush of being scared. I've never considered people like the idea of them because they present an alternative to an eternal death. I wonder if most people realize it or even think about it that way.

    It's a fascinating quote. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete