Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oh, blogging. I was recently invited to review the time turner sold by The wizarding world of Harry Potter in Orlando, Florida. I've never done a proper review, before, so I thought I might list what I liked and didn't like so much when set against the time turner from The Noble Collection (seems to be the go to place for time turners and I've owned two of them). Finish: Both WWHP & TNC use 24K gold plating, but honestly, WWHP is a paler yellow which I liked immensly, TNC has a most dark gold finish. Size: TNC time turner is fairly petite while the time tuner from WWHP is large, atleast twice the size; I don't think either of those things make them better or worse, it just depends on your preference! PROS: the chain is thin and much more feminine than TNC chain & there is only one loop that strings the chain (as opposed to two on TNC) which make it hang normally and it doesn't get lopsided. CONS: the hourglass bit is not nearly as nice - the hourglass bit on WWHP is plastic with white sand whereas TNC is glass with gold sand & WWHP doesn't have cut-out stars, just indentions.

TNC sells for roughly 50-55 USD shipped & WWHP sells for roughly 25-30 USD shipped, so it really just depends on what you want in a time turner in terms of size, chain, and hourglass. I might like WWHP turner more than TNC if the hourglass was better, that is really it's biggest flaw.

WWHP time turners can be found in the internet gift shop and on ebay!

misc

misc

misc

daily outfits

I also received this Deathly Hallows necklace from MockTheRock in the mail today and now I want to go back and buy a totebag and the same necklace in wood. Some of the best lasercuts of the symbol I have seen & at a reasonable price! I am in love :) The little deathly hallows sheet she includes is lovely, as well.

misc

misc

handmade

handmade

handmade

misc

misc

misc

misc

ALSO, HERE IS A WARNING. GALILEO THERMOMETERS ARE A BAD IDEA. I had a 13' vintage model I got at an antique store & it was on one of my shelves which fell last night, and broke. THESE SHOULD NOT BE SOLD WITOUT WARNING LABELS AND ESPECIALLY THE OLDER MODELS. The buoyant material inside the main cylinder is a mix of paraffin and petroleum distillates & the older they go they more dangerous the mixtures used were (because seemingly time allows manufacturers to say, 'hey selling something this deadly in a tall glass flute with glass bulbs inside of it might be BAD). Anyway, mine was only a few years old but the mixture had an oily, kerosene smell and feel and it melted everything it touched, my desk finish and the carpet and I am pretty sure if it had gotten on my skin I would have gotten a chemical burn - I found alot of lawsuits/horror stories about chemical burns. OH MY. Bad ideas, those things.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness! I'm glad you didn't get burnt!
    The necklaces and beautiful!!!Lovely photos :)

    ReplyDelete