Friday, September 23, 2011

dress/modcloth - sweater/old navy - shoes/chloe sevigny for opening ceremony - bag/BMakowski

These shoes are pretty much the most fantastic thing that exists on the planet but I only wore them to a job interview & to get diet drinks (diet rootbeer!!) and run by the post office & grab a few teacups for candles from the thriftstore - maybe two hours worth of relaxed errands? And I have a huge open wound on one of my toes, guh, gross :S And they are really hard to walk in, I almost fell (GRACEFULLY) several times. Hah (not really that gracefully but lets pretend) One day I am going to break my ankle in a fabulous display in one of these obnoxiously high shoes.

I purchased all natural soy wax & wooden wicks for candlemaking next week - soy wax costs a bit more but it is always preferable to support our american agriculture, given the chance! And soy wax is really so luscious and there is something really nice about burning a candle that doesn't have any petroleum biproduct (think: all that black soot most candles give off).

In any case I picked up teacups to use as candleholders & there was the most lovely old woman looking alongside me at the teacups in the thrift store. If you've ever been down the dish aisle of a secondhand store you know it is kind of a jumble & I was looking for sets & had a few in hand & from down the aisle, because I suppose she noticed the sets I had, she held up two taped sets for me and asked if I like them and brought them over :) I thought it was just the most lovely thing to have a stranger do! It is funny how one nice act from a stranger can change your entire day (because the rest of my day was going rather rubbish). I came home and hummed whilst washing them all out & I've been listening to the sweeny todd soundtrack and feeling quite pleased.

Jonathan Safran Foer is quickly becoming my favorite author.

daily outfits

daily outfits

Image1

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

DSC_0108

DSC_0115

1 comment:

  1. Those shoes are so pretty.

    & completely unrelated, I had a dream about you, you were singing, and then you lit yourself on fire in your red cape.

    ReplyDelete