Friday, October 28, 2011

velvet;

It is true, I will aways love velvet! It is difficult to pair with anything, and it is difficult to take photos of & in, and don't get me STARTED on how difficult it is to sew and work with, fabricwise, but it has my heart <3 Whether it is something contemporary or something vintage velvet always holds a certain victorian charm! I purchased this paricular dress at Value Village, out of the children's section (it is always much easier to find cute dresses made from velvet in the children's department!) & it has a skater dress flair, adorable half-sleeves and full bodice-to-neck lace detail. I paired it with a suade pair of Steve Madden wedges & grey wool thigh-high socks - not entirely happy with the combination but, again, it was hard to accessorize green velvet.

I tried the bump pigtail that emily did a tutorial for, only mine doesn't have curls because I did it at the last minute!

Also featured is a new piece from the fall jewelry collection
I am working on of renaissance artwork & my humble first-attempt at a snood in an eco-friendly cotton. A bit snug, so it is more of a beret at this point, but you will see many more snoods at the weeks and posts pass!

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

1 comment:

  1. aw! I saw a few posts ahead your ringlet pig tails and I was wondering if you had seen my video! your bump looks nice here, I cant get mine to be as big as I want most of the time :(

    ReplyDelete