Sunday, October 23, 2011

A recap of the week

The things that have been consuming my life, as of late. The history nerd in me can't get enough of assassin's creed & the third installment is really proving to be my downfall because LUCREZIA BORGIA & CESAR BORGIA, need I say more? The game has a scene where they kiss and my skin lights on fire :O I find myself jotting down any names I am not familiar with and ordering books about them off of amazon - I can't find any books on La Volpe or Bartolomeo Dalviano, which is unfortunate because they are (were) both real people and my favorite characters in-game - if you are familiar with biographies on either please do leave a comment with the title!

The Chiaroscuro comic is pretty spectacular - the artwork makes me think of archie and is generally unimpressive but the storyline is fantastic, basically about Salai feeling bitter towards Leonardo & so he betrays him by being Michelangelo's model for David - CAN YOU IMAGINE? The comic also keeps the historic homosexual aspects of the characters intact, which I am grateful for because a majority of fiction around Leonardo Da Vinci tries to push him into a heterosexual corner that there is simply no historical basis for.

Some anatomy sketches, trying to get the swing of sketching hands! Handspun yarns from Geerte which are beutiful and beg to be made into a floppy hat & other general fall-friendly things like baking pumpkin seeds, making comfortable socks from scrap fabric & pumpkin carving :)

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

misc

No comments:

Post a Comment