Friday, December 16, 2011

Woods-walking with the sunrise is strange, the way wetness encompasses everything and webs wind together from one blade of grass to the next. There was the smallest turtle, no larger than my palm, with his eyes closed tight in the dawn, tired enough or young enough that he didn't know to shy away and I watched him until he finally brushed his eyes open (they do much the same as humans and swat at their lids with their clawed-paws to wipe away sleep and whatever it is that turtles dream) and he regarded me and turned, leaving in no hurry. A feral cat watched as I took photos with orbs. The trees were so swollen with dew that it dripped like lazy rain on my dress and feet.

The first of my new label designs, an entire shop revamp will be coming in the month. A strange bough from Lafeyette cemetery. Anubis by BPAL which has stollen my heart and will, in time, steal my pennies as I crave to own it's fullsize and wear it with every second. Other things, too.

Most of my aqua hair has already washed away, I sigh.

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

dreamscapes

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

He Who Counts the Hearts, Jackal Ruler of the Bows, He Who Is In the Place of Embalming. Jackal-headed guardian, protector and psychopomp of Egypt’s dead, he guides souls to the underworld and holds steady the scales upon which the deceased’s heart is weighed against Ma’at’s Feather of Truth. He is the creator and master of funereal rites, He Who Opens the Mouth of the Dead, and is the sentinel that watches over the sanctity of tombs and the virtue and privacy of his charges. His scent is a blend of holy myrrh, storax, balsam, and embalming herbs.
ANUBIS by BPAL.

unsorted

(limb found in the Lafayette cemetery, New Orleans)

unsorted

unsorted

3 comments:

  1. everything is so beautiful. hopefully you'll be able to re-dye your hair soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like Nabokov in that first sentence :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures never fail to amaze and inspire me.

    ReplyDelete