Saturday, January 7, 2012



My current, "things I will buy as I have the money" list. The black and white striped dress is so-so, but it is too tim burton for winter to pass up. I really, really want it! The ponti skirt from ASOS costs as much as both dressed combined so i am unsure if I want to buy the skirt first or the dresses - I've been liking skirts more, lately, because they are so versatile but asos just charges so much for it's skirts that I bemoan it's the only shop with skirts I like. What to do!

I love the shoes! I was actually going to buy a pair of litas, next, but I just fell in love with these and feel like they will also be more versatile with my dresses and skirts? Thye'd look good with any of these three garments!





I finished reading Mary Shelley's frankenstein & have ths been systematically going through all of the films. Bride of frankenstein really broke my heart as much as the book itself. It's just such a heartbreaking story that I never gave much of a chance, before, because I have always loved Bela Lugosi and felt some bitterness toward Boris Karloff on Bela's esteemed behalf but Karloff really deserves the praise he gets as an actor and the films themselves are not nearly as mindless as I had once believed them to be.

It's always kind of shocking when a classic has been lost to someone for as long as the frankenstein series was lost to me, esecially a self-proclaimed lover of gothic horrors. All i can do to rectify it is suggest to anyone who has not read the original novel: please read it!

At first I started back, unable to believe that it was indeed I who was reflected in the mirror; and when I became fully convinced that I was in reality the monster that I am, I was filled with the bitterest sensations of despondence and mortification. - the monster

You, my creator, abhor me; what hope can I gather from your fellow creatures, who owe me nothing ? - the monster

I have good dispositions ; my life has been hitherto harmless and in some degree beneficial ; but a fatal prejudice clouds their eyes, and where they ought to see a feeling and kind friend, they behold only a detestable monster. - the monster

1 comment: