Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ecology

Pinning night :) I found this old metal box in a building I was exploring and decided to use it for my ecology specimens & while typing out little labels for the butterflies I had the very most of i decided to widdle some of my stock down and pin/spread a few - I dont have a spare shadow box so, as of right now, they are just lining a shelf. My loveliest blue has been shuffled around so much that he was too tattered to pin or spread ): So I put some of him in bottles, some of him in lockets.

And the handsome fellow at the very end was one dollar :)

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

New books to read :)

unsorted

unsorted

Deranged is still the best film I have ever seen. I rec it 100x.

2 comments:

  1. Amazing specimens! Your house looks like the kind of place I'd love to come and have a good old look around. I have a weakness for things in jars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the neutral colors of this post (slightly different from your usual pictures?) Your room reminds me of those old curiosity cabinets or the museum of natural history =D

    ReplyDelete