Sunday, February 19, 2012

faye journals, bloodmilk, richard ramirez

I finished my faye journal and placed it in the shop ; I was really pleased with how it came out.

I have been using my tumblr more, so feel free to add it.

handmade

handmade

handmade

handmade

handmade

handmade

The conjoined sparrowclaw ring came in from bloodmilk and I couldn't be happier with it! My photos dont do much for it, of course, because it is hard to take photos of your own hand with no auto-focus :P So go check out her shop! It recalls to my mind the image of a black widow spider holding on to something, the claws just look so spindley and wicked :)

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

I recently wrote to several death-row inmates or persons of interest, in janurary, and the first to write back was richard ramirez. For someone as notable as his namesake, who has been behind bars for as long as he has, you can't expect a very personal letter - infact I imagine he has a stock response for women because I have seen several of his letters online and they all ask the same basic things. Nonetheless an interesting experience and something nice to go alongside all of my other collections.

I also wrote to edmund kemper, and I am just crossing my fingers he will reply because that is one psychopath I would love to have a real conversation with.

unsorted

unsorted

handmade

handmade

5 comments:

  1. how do you get into mail correspondence with prison inmates, do you contact the prisons first? it's something i'd be really interested in, i would appreciate your response greatly

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can use google to look for specific people, especially serial killers, there are websites devoted to their addresses. For every day death row inmates you can go to websites like prisonpenpals.com or writeaprisoner.com - there are photos and bios and addresses for them & it tells you their convictions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Bloodmilk ring. I'm desperate for one but random life expenses keep getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so surprised Richard Ramirez drew a heart before his name. "Your friend ♥ Richard" How darling. :)

    ReplyDelete