Monday, February 6, 2012

fallen;

I had seen these totebags all over flickr, and really fell for them when I saw foxtail and fern with one, but never knew where they were from. Luckily, not terribly long ago, sofia bought one and included a link to the website, so I ordered one quickly! My favorite thing about them is the size, of course, it was perfect today when I made a post-office drop, I didn't have to go fumbling in the doors with packages under each arm as I normally do ;)

Outfit post as well! this dress is from Audrey Cantwell's vintage shop, tarantulasisters, which I just love, every piece she posts is a wearable, stylish piece of vintage clothing which is rare on etsy vintage - it seems like a majority of shops there are just a collection of -whatever- with no conern as to whether or not the clothing is wearable or in-fashion.

I paired it with a brown belt which, initially, I thought looked worse than a black belt would (I was (am) lacking one at the moment), but in retrospect I think it seperated the velvet top and crepe skirt nicely with the dress's high josephine-like bust. Once my Zana Bayne underbust harness arrives I just know it will look perfect over this particular dress!

daily outfits

unsorted

daily outfits

unsorted

daily outfits

unsorted

daily outfits

daily outfits

unsorted

unsorted

I had the amazing pleasure of doing a trade with Audrey Cantwell, I got the gorgeous dress mentioned above but, also, these gorgeous vintage-inspired panties she made last year for a lingerie line. The black silk set has small black roses and the shorts are cut in a tappant style, so beautiful!

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

I also did some shopping at the science mall USA, purchased fossil shark teeth, a racoon skull, and a pretty geode :) The teeth are 65 million years old, guaranteed to be from the cretaceous and eocene ages!!

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

also picked up eight tillandsia plants. I potted several in urchin shells <3 now all i need are some succulents and cancti for the windowsill, and I will be happy with my warm plant area. unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

My absolute favorite band at the moment is volbeat; they are really making me look longingly through crowds for rockabilly boys, but alas, alabama does not have rockabilly boys ;) I believe I am about to go rockabilly searching through tumblr.



2 comments:

  1. I love your blog. I think I found it from Gathers facebook. Thanks for the link to her Etsy shop. I have already favorited a few items..I also look forward to your Zana Bayne piece. I have been dreaming of the double winged harness for to long now . bye bye xo

    ReplyDelete