Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mushroom hunting, daily outfit

I watched Anonymous a few nights ago and it was probably the best film I've watched in years.

Today I wore a modern explorer outfit ; one of my friends said I looked like a british explorer boy pre-WW2, which was a long, random commentary on the overall outfit but, nonetheless, I'll take it :)

Harness c/o Zana bayne. Shorts c/o Modcloth. Vest c/o Isaac Mizrahi. (This harness really needs utility orings so you can hang things from it, or a knife holster. I wish Zana would make a thigh-knife holster, I would buy it so fast!

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

I was only out to go to the post office, otherwise I spent my day deeper in the woods, looking for mushrooms and reading. I found shelf mushrooms!! I've been looking for them for such a long time and I figured they must not be too common to alabama after no luck, but go figure, in the middle of nowhere in a manmade dump in the woods, I found a forest of them.

I brought a bag of them home and have them freezing overnight to kill anything unpleasant, then I will air dry them and add them to my shelves of random, lovely things.

The most frightening part of being in the woods alone is the possibilty of a my girl happening & bees swarming you - or atleast that is my real fear, or being bitten by something. When I left my bag on a tree and came back there were several spiders on the outside - you just never can tell.

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

My 1860 Shakespeare comedies collection & some wild flowers I picked.

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted



breathtaking

4 comments:

  1. Just fyi - "C/O" means it was gifted to you for free from the company :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are those mushrooms like the ones I posted a picture of a few days ago? And you've never seen them before?

    I wish I could go exploring with you. I've not been exploring with someone else since I was... a kid. Not proper exploring, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH THEY ARE, I forgot you posted some! I'd seen then around in photos but this is the first time Ive found one in person! i think yours have more lovely color now that I checked your post back out :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your outfits are always completely perfect!

    ReplyDelete