Friday, March 30, 2012

from my mother's room

I recently collected things from boxes in my mother's room, as well as this beautiful victorian cherry wood table she kept. Brass and mirror vanity tray, decorative owl, candleholder that filters light in the prettist designs, crystal heart trinket box (which I will use to hold my sister's baptism pearls and a necklace from my mother so many years ago). the small drawer of the desk holds her items, a photo of her that I love, and a touching scene from marie antoinette that has caused me to cry (both before and after I lost her).

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

On a very different air and note, a second letter from Richard Ramirez after I failed to respond to his first reply. It holds anime photos, a letter, and a typed questionaire where he tells me his favorite costume for halloween, as a child, was batman. All in a pale pink envelope with rose and flower cutouts from magazines.

unsorted

unsorted

6 comments:

  1. Jessica, you take such gorgeous photos!

    Have you been writing Richard Ramirez for long?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, my absolute favorite blogger leaving me a comment!! *verklempt* haha <3 and thankyou for the kind words!

    I wrote to him in febuary and he sent me a letter back, and then I did not continue communication and got this second letter from him yesterday :) I am torn about writing back this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely, precious items. ♥ My mother used to have a similar heart-shaped crystal box on her dresser many years ago, but goodness knows where we put it away. I spy the oval shaped frame in the first photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. seriously, your photos are so beautiful! love the little owl, so cute!

    love
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,

    Your room seems like such an inspiring place, I really love what you have done with it. The tray with memoirs is a lovely idea too.

    It's so crazy-intriguing that Richard Ramirez writes to you a second time. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your photos. Kaylah {The Dainty Squid} mentioned you in a recent post, and I'm so glad she did. I love your everything I see here.

    xo

    ReplyDelete