Friday, March 16, 2012

my life at rose red;

A catch and release gecko, I kept him overnight in a jar to draw/sketch and then let him go into a dark pile of wood this morning :) reptiles never cease to keep me mesmerized, I especially love anything with elliptical pupils because it recalls to mind the eye of mordor ;) They chirp! It is cute until it is not cute and instead keeps you awake ; then you must catch moths for the gecko, cram them into the jar and mist him so he won't keep you up with his chirping any longer! I can't blame him, though, if someone locked me in a room for an entire night ,just to draw me, I would probably chirp until said person made it rain cheeseburgers and grapefruit juice in restitutions ;) My favorite thing about this particular species are the tiny scales along his tail!

Picked up two new plants yesterday, a gorgeous purple velvet and a small fern. My plant collection is big enough, now, that I have to wake up at sunrise and sit them outside because there isn't enough room in my sill for everything to get enough light.

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

unsorted

5 comments:

  1. Your photographs are so incredible. And those tights, oh my!

    http://tinydais.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your dress and the tights - really feeling like spring hhaah. I love reptiles as well, their scales are really amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit girlfriend. Can I marry you.

    But seriously, the more you post the more I want to drive the eight hours down to ... where you live... and go on a magical adventure with you. ;___;

    I love you in light colors! And those tights! And that super cute gecko. wtf.

    I've been eying those Exotic Angels plants for a while now trying to decide if I want to buy one or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your windowsill with all your plants! I fail to keep a plant alive inside my room...Beautiful photos and watercolors!

    ReplyDelete