Monday, April 30, 2012

the red death

I got these great shoes from Demonia and I love them so much <3! Otherwise I dont know what all of the rotten reviews about The Raven are - it had enough historical accuracies and Poe story/poem lines aloud to satisfy me and an air that reminded me of sleepy hollow and a plot with enough sleuth and horror and gore that it paid well-enough homage to the ideas of Poe. And there seem to be some reviews that say Poe isnt depicted as alcoholic and depressed enough, but he seemed pretty alcoholic and depressed to me, aside from his romantic side getting some light in this film. There is a scene where Annabel lee is spoken with such passion and softness that my heart broke a few times. Also John Cusack might be the most dreamy Poe I've ever seen outside of Jeff Comb's depiction. And!! My absolute favorite line from the mask of the red death was used in the film! I intend to have it tattoo'd, one day: And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion over all. I swooned.

daily outfits daily outfits daily outfits IMG_1759 IMG_1770 unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

2 comments:

  1. I love your tights!
    Is that Edgar Allen Poe?
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the peterpan collar + the tights!
    I'm so curious for that movie now!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete