Saturday, April 14, 2012

painting;

I had to push back getting a new camera until next week and I've been kind of avoiding taking photos, you know how it is, when you have a new camera and lenses coming in that are twice as good as your current setup it feels like a waste to take photos with the old, any longer.

I was working on revamping the space in here, though. I painted the walls white which was the most gigantic pain I've ever encountered. The post itself is kind of premature since I wanted to wait and take photos with the new camera (I may just retake these and delete/make a new post then). I was also going to get a hoop canopy for the bed in white, make a ton of shabby chic decorative pillows for the bed and shabby chic a few more things (you can see I have started to repaint all my frames and boxes white and sand/distress them). I am not sure if I like some brown tones in wood throughout or if everything should be white.

It probably looks (slightly) less clustered, both vecause i broke alot of things moving the room around to paint and because once I had puttied all 500 holes in the wall, and sanded them, the desire to put as much back up had waned. And I decided no more posters, etc.

Before anyone asks and I !!!assume they will!!!, the third image down of the girl with the wolf is Dore's illustration for Little red Riding Hood (the scan is here; this is probably my favorite illustration of all time.

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

misc unsorted

I also slapped together a new skirt

unsorted

unsorted

5 comments:

  1. thats amazing. both the space and the skirt! very very gorgeous!

    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is still so beautiful! I think I like the white walls more than the pink walls =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your room so much more now! The white really made it for me, and the lack of clutter in posters. However, I do miss the polaroids. : ]

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Massive Improvement, although I really loved the "old" room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know white it right up my alley. I want to roll around your new room and give it cuddles. @_@

    I like your little framed arts. Where are the others from?

    ReplyDelete