Tuesday, April 17, 2012

things OH

There is such a huge surge of metallic revivals going on in the blogger world. To me it feels like such a throwback to the 90s, when kurt cobain, billy corgan and daniel johns were making metallics popular in the grunge/rock scenes. I absolutely love it, by dafault - must be how hippys feel seeing bellbottoms making their waves in and out of fashion. Everytime I see someone with a silver shirt I hear heart shaped box in my head.

I loaded up on these shirts back in the early 2000s when silverchar was, above most other bands, really making metallic buttonups popular and stores like gadzooks (last time I went into a gadzooks it was just bathing suits, these days) catered to the skater-grunge scene, specifically (for men). I have a huge array of men's metallics and velvets from the era (as well as a great pair of smashing pumpkin chic' silver pants) but I can never really find some fabulous way to wear the tops because they are all so bulky and oversized - I tried tucking them in, buttoned up, into a black skirt but it still looked pretty horrible so, sometimes, I just throw one on over the top of a dress.

New purse, lace and leather which is my OTP. By steve madden and I got it discounted from 120 dollars to 21 dollars because the zipper was 'broken', but really it was just off the track and the bag still had the zipper with it so I bought it, slid it back on the track, and saved myself a hundred dollars.

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

daily outfits

My aunt bought this kindle book for me, it's a really easy to follow biography on Caesar and I am loving it. If any of you have tried to read about the early roman republic you will know a large majority of books get sidetracked about military strategies and wars and the deep politics of the time which are in turn reflected by various figures and it gets really hard to concentrate on what you're learning, but this book tries it's hardest to stay singularly on Caesar while, at the same time, laying down the ground of the era he lived in. I feel like I am learning alot and that by season3 of sparticus I will be able to point out every historical inaccuracy ;)

daily outfits

Queen's attic has long since been my favorite antique store in the area - I always feel great trepidation at going into antique stores over thrift stores because the prices jump so dramatically. In my case, though, everything I end up liking is such a great price. Sure, the stuff I could scout myself from a goodwill like porcelain doll heads are fifty dollars or the 1882 bibles are expensive, but I got this GORGEOUS geode bookend set for twelve dollars, and this bone and tarnished brass pin of Isis for seven dollars. Guh, both such beautiful things. I saw the geode bookends and said "I am getting these no matter what" and squinted in fear at the price tag and could have died when the price was actually so reasonable.


unsorted

unsorted

2 comments:

  1. Metallic silver was my favorite thing in the 90s, I had these rad silver sneakers and wore silver lipstick, wish i kept those shoes...

    Miss M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I love that bag! Where did you find it, if you don't mind my asking...?

    ReplyDelete