Wednesday, May 9, 2012

daily outftis daily outfits

I believe I've spoken before about Queen's attic - it is one of my favorite antique stores to visit because it is less about antique finery and more about a little bit of everything and items that arent genuinly old, old, old and perfect but items that are made in older styles. Notably they have alot of really nice 17th century themed decorations and things made to look 17th century chic without being genuine antiques that are overpriced - lots of gilded plaster frames, powdered wig figureines, etc. My favorite thing about the store is the setup itself - it's one large warehouse where all of the cabinets and tables for sale also hold all of the other small trinkets and it really looks like one large hoarders room and you can spend hours just tinkering through the setup of everything.

My favorite things to look at are the action figures because they sell figures that are generally around 20 years old, not truly old expensive things but, you know, a 1990 catwoman MIB that is affordable at fifteen dollars and looks a bit older and interesting.

Out of these photos I was SO TEMPTED to buy the peacock cup and plate set because I am so partial to peacocks in decorative items! And also those 17th century figure lamps and I WAS AT THE REGISTER witht he half moon sickle because it is right out of every 80s horror film Ive ever seen but it was 25$ and such an impulse like "THIS IS COOL" purchase, so I put it back :/

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

My two things! I had to buy this box because it was only five dollars and itplays fur elise by beethoven. When I opened it I just twirled happily. The shell was only 25cents.

unsorted unsorted

4 comments:

  1. This really reminds me of a "flea market" that is down the road from here! It's huuuuuuuuuge. Like I couldn't believe how bit it was the first time I went in because all you see is the front of it, and there are tons of dealer booths and each one is numbered and you just take whatever up to the main register to buy it when you're ready.

    Thanks for reminding me~ I'm gonna have to go back once I feel free to spend money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, lol, reason I originally clicked on here. Your outfit at the top is suuper cute. I like that look on you. :o

    ReplyDelete
  3. everytime I see those creeper instore, I think: hmno, but they look so damn awesome on you! Love the dress as well.


    x
    Angie
    sundaybelle.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking so cute, and all those old things. Wow.

    //S//

    http://mydarlingsolitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete