Sunday, August 26, 2012

Some interesting things that have happened: we went to hollywood for a daydate and I was disgusted (sorry to anyone who thrives on the idea or placement of hollywood or greater LA) - the exhaust gave me a headache & there was a homeless man laying on the sidewalk, one dirty hand held in the air as he masturbated madly with the other. People shouted at us as we walked by, cars honked with leering men (and half the time the leering men are looking at R). All this filth and perverseness mingled with overpriced everything - we went to a diner for dinner and spent half of our food money for the entire week. Also visited Bela Lugoi's star, though it was in a terrible place at a crosswalk corner so I couldn't take a photo. // We saw innerspace at a tiny night theater with alot of good people & heard Joe Dante answer questions (the really best part of seeing old movies in a theater is seeing all of the old trailers, I died for the trailer for the burbs). // On our every-other-day thai ice tea date at the local chinese restaurant, as we waited, Ryan leaned over and in my ear he whispered Chino Moreno is sitting right behind you ; at first I thought it was going to be a joke but, sure enough, it was the singer for the deftones two feet away, eating chinese with his entire family at the same little dive we eat chinese <3 He looked, saw us looking at him, smiled, and went back to his dinner. We didn't bother him. // We bought our tickets for NY! An instagram will be at the bottom, but yes! A three day, cross-country train ride from LA, stopping in chicago, then Penn station, NY on OCT3. I am so excited for fall and winter in New York! We are going to pack a brown bag of vegetables and a loaf of bread and make cucumber, pepper and tomato sandwiches on the train ride, bring ou drip so we can brew our own tea, read and write and photograph on the observation deck! I am still trying to decide on a book to buy for the trip/reading, but I have tuck everlasting in a shopping cart and am leaning toward it.

Otherwise life in perfection! I was lamenting with Ryan, how in three months I went from having barely left Alabama to living in LA, then NY, riding across country etc ALL NEW EXPERIENCES, and how I wished I was giving him new experiences and he said to me what was probably the most romantic thing anyone has ever said: "this is the first time I've been in love, and the first time I've been happy, you've given me that". He was also instrumental in getting almost one hundred freshwater black pearls on the tulle and lace ball gown I am making. I've never had a boy so eager to help me hand sew, it's beautiful! Tonight we are going to start on Harry Potter because I told him, if you can sit through twilight you can sit through harry potter, and he is happy to do it, even!! I am sorely tempted to start with HBP, though, to set the mood for how good the series is!!

I think I am going to buy a large, vintage cookie tin to place all of the flowers Ry has given me and I have subsequently been hanging to dry on the wall in rows, but I've also begun pressing the new flowers he brings me. I want to keep them all <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted instagrams instagrams unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Also random, but I asked Ryan to take some light-overlay photos and these were what he did. How brilliant? I use them so much.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. I love that you are so in love <3 You two truly seem to have been made for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait why would either of you voluntarily watch twilight...

    ReplyDelete