Friday, September 7, 2012

My spirits were recently poor upon reflection of so little art supplies brought with me to LA, and having fewer now over these months to take with me on the train to New York. I posted a missive about wanting to buy used art supplies from anyone who was in possession of & didn't want them & I got the most lovely offer from Mylene Louise, whereupon she offered to buy art supplies for me. It is without a doubt the most kind and selfless gesture I have ever receieved and I am humbled that there is still such gentleness in the world! Especially between those of us who are just familiar with one another over the internet!

Everything is so nice. Ryan and I were at a few secondhand stores last week trying to find a wood carrying case s I couldstore what few supplies I had into it for the train and couldn't find anything suitable, so the carrying box/easel is so amazing for the travel and gypsy/vagabond lifestyling we will be facing (even in NY). The drawing charcoals will be what I get the very most use from, as I've already dived right into them & the watercolor set is so posh that I just open it and look in awe, I havent had the heart to unwrap the pans yet (I never thought id have a full pan watercolor set like this, they are just so expensive and oh, oh, oh holding it is what I imagine other girls feel when they hold alalexander mcqueen or a big bottle of chloe perfume - I trace the pan names with my fingertips, prussian azure, and inhale.

A beautiful oakood artbox on board a three day train ride across america, I am Raphaelle Peale over here!!!!

Ryan even went through the box in appreciation of how nice everything was and he said to me, something like, "this is really heavy and really nice so I know you have to have it and take it, but have fun making it work/carrying it around the entire trip!" Oh no :3 <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

4 comments:

  1. Great post!
    Your blog is so nice :D I really love your blog <3
    I thought maybe you want to follow eachother?
    That would be so awesome!
    Love, Anne

    www.movieanne.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love everything about your blog :D

    ReplyDelete