Sunday, September 9, 2012

The idea of "perfection" is offputting and unattainable to some degree, but I feel closer to saying that my life is "perfect" than I ever have before, despite the fact in three weeks we leave our tiny home and everything I've just begun getting to know in California and change coasts (and we have so much packing left to do!!)

But really. I am happier than I've ever been, being able to share my life with Ryan. I wander wistfully through grocery stores when I shop for us and pick out things I think he will like to eat. When we do seperate chores for the day he will come back to the laundry matt where I am waiting on the dryer, bringing me little picked flowers and chocolate bars. The excitement I feel when he comes into the bathroom as I shower in the dark at night, our breezy bathroom windows flung open to reveal the moonlight, just enough illumination to see his jawline as he leans is for a kiss in the hot water and we hold one another in the steam and I tangle my fingers into his wet curls. We make love and smoke and write poetry and draw and create and sleep and live unapologetically glutinous together. Do you know the joy of being with a likeminded artist? I want his words on everything I make, I want his music to play behind every photo.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

I have been seeing sewn butterflies everywhere on tumblr & while i hate just doing something because I see it, it gave me an idea that is (maybe) an original take, to make shadow boxes butterfly collections. I considered recreating butterflies but then thought, more fun, creating my own species and naming them aptly in latin :) I probably wont post more until this hinge box is complete, it needs about five more little guys <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted

morning walk to the grocery by myself and I found myself juggling my wares so I could cart home mushrooms and draw them :o

journals/art journals/art journals/art

My Sunday6PM. Banana nut muffin, butterfly field guide for shape idea, peach and mango white tea and a rose from my ryry <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. It's amazing that you're so happy, loving it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed, it is so good to read about happy people :) i hope the best for you and Ryan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there,

    I've been reading your blog and gandering through your flickr for a couple of years now. I've never really said much but I love the idea with the butterflies they're so beautiful and everything you make/do/buy is wonderful too! So unique and fascinating!

    ReplyDelete