Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Besides being broke, which I think was to be expected going across the US with five-hundred dollars, life is fantastic. Ryan actually has a job already, but we have to wait two more weeks before he starts, so it is just getting through this bump. We've begun looking for places - I think we are leaning toward something on the north shore, or something near stoneybrooke, preferably renting a basement level from some gorgeous colonial house owner. It's so exciting! And I am putting in applications everywhere, without shame - I know the job market everywhere is still suffering but it is a blow to my ego, with college and lab work under my belt, to wake up without callbacks from dunkin donuts or stop and shop.

We are staying a few days a week with Ryan's sister, who is amazing in every way & they have the prettiest home in north shore and I am in love with the area. We took a four hour walk today, admiring colonial historical homes and yellow trees and every home decorated festively for halloween. We collected moss and minerals & took thin, wirey trails through patches of forests.

Back in Bohemia we discovered we are very close to a state park, which we traversed a few days ago & I found this docile, magical moth that crawled over my knitted gloves & have plans to go back to identify wild animal bones.

I love it here!! New York is so much greener, dreamier, more peaceful than you imagine it to be if you've never been - it is literally the film Legend. It is difficult to adjust to the cold new england air from the hot california desert, it must be in the 30-40s, the last few days. But the good thing about cold weather is hot chocolate, boyfriends snuggled close to you as you both sleep with your heads under the blankets, watching through the wormhole until we fall asleep.

Ryan and I have a zine I will be putting out soon, 24pages on medium weight paper, 12 of his poems and 12 of my photos. Each one is handbound coptic stitch, with thick plastic covers front and back.

unsorted unsorted unsorted

Handdrawn journals for the winter

unsorted unsorted

Knitting, reading, terrarium building, collecting

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

State park

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Northport

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. Both of youre work looks amazing and tho i dont have any money myself to support you, i truly wish the best to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been a fan of your photography for so long now and I myself from the UK haven't even got a job... But even still I would pay for that zine and I look forward to it also other coming works from you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so beautiful...

    http://www.frenchinlosangeles.com/

    ReplyDelete