Thursday, December 20, 2012

unsorted unsorted unsorted

M & I went to explore abandoned greenhouses and stumbled over a horse stable and collected a few pieces of hardware (I found a skull, perhaps racoon, and let her have it for her collection so she returned the favor by finding a honeycomb, beautiful shells, and a strange seaside bone fragment for me). I truly enjoy her company.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Ryan & I celebrated christmas eve early, so we could have our own, alone ; we had sushi, followed by carvel icecream & did some shopping - he gave me the most beautiful old singer sewing machine in it's original desk hutch (the desk is so beautiful and old, I feel like this will be a writing desk more than a sewing table), some cute clothes & a mother of pearl locket. I got him very borring things by comparrison, just a grey peacoat and grey slacks, which he atleast looks supreme good in :) . ALTHOUGH, there is still time.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

A few misc things, some beading on a headband I am working on ; old paper and envelopes - I made and cut out the evelope template myself, then stained/painted everything and want to use silver ink & silver wax seals on it ; A geode ring I made and gilt the edges and band in silver ; moss i collected from a rooftop (it's so velvet and soft, I want a coat made out of moss).

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

the best thing was, however, when Ryan asked me what I would think if he told me we had enough to move into an apartment right now. I said, or yelled into his face, "WE CAN HAVE OUR OWN PLACE RIGHT NOW?" the last six months have been an experience in hardship, and taught me alot about what you need and what you don't, in life, truly. But I will be glad to get back into a home with rooms, a kitchen where can make real food, a white bathroom that, perhaps, plays classical on a cleverly hidden casette deck under the sink.

Also, I leave off with this last photo because Ryan bought a TV, carried it all the way through the industrial cooridoor back to where we are staying, and has since got me Assassin's Creed 3 & AC revelations, because he knew I was sorely missing them. <3 How romantic to have my videogame nerdyness fed into by my lover poet who must certainly be watching me wth a raised eyebrow, thinking me a dumpy mess (who are we kidding, he is on them more than I am!)

unsorted

1 comment:

  1. I've been following your blog for a few years now and I'm happy you found true love like you have, although I'll admit that I am more than a little envious. Good luck to the both of you :)

    ReplyDelete