Friday, January 11, 2013

A few shots from around the house: a photo of my mother as a child in a metal frame I painted white and then rubbed against sandpaper - I love this photo, my dad gave it to me when she died - I had never seen it until then and now it has traveled across the united states with me. Old playboys on the coffee table, we actually found these in our landlady's garage!! The madonna issue is really rad. The most lovely microscope! (love the color) & a large piece of fabric that I have no idea what to do with but loved it irregardless, maybe hang it up as a tapesty?

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Getting back to doing little things: a dress I am working on (at this point it is just pinned on the dressform and even then still only half cobbled together, I am waiting on my machine to arrive before i remove it and put everything together and gather the skirt layers properly - I love doing the silver beading!) A few nebula watercolors for journals, a pillow with chiffon roses that is, like the dress, waiting on my machine to finish, doodles (based off a mila kunis picture, actually), patching Ryan's pants.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

UM, SO THIS IS DOWN THE ROAD FROM US? that is the good thing about the north shore, I suppose! God it is beautiful, i cant wait to explore the beach in the summer and go swimming. Little frozen ponds that make me think of eternal Sunshine.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

We found the cutest antique store, with oddly proportioned prices (a 1940s corona typewriter with case was 25 dollars, but a snake bangle (pictured!) was 10. Odd but gorgeous, currated by a really nice gentleman who talked curiosity cabinets with me and told us all about how his shop rents out to alot of musicians and photographers for their work! I complimented his nice array of star trek nerderie alongside vintage medical equipment ;)

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

vegetarian sushi, the ugiest spring roll you've ever seen in your life (it was my first try, don't judge!!) and cute oatmeal that I picked up at the store with a trembling lower lip as I looked to ryan, but I really didn't need to sell him on it, I believe he was more excited for it than I was :p YOU CANT ESCAPE THE DARK MAN. God I love stephen king movies at home with pandapants.

unsorted unsorted unsorted

Our little home <3

instagram

2 comments:

  1. Glad to know you are settling in! That cereal looks fantastic...I want some too.

    ReplyDelete