Saturday, January 19, 2013

things days things days

New etsy shop! Or new, old etsy shop!

unsorted
9circles on etsy

Finished my dress!! I am going to list it here, or offer it here direct, for 280 shipped (300 international). It is currently on etsy but I am offering it here lower :) if youre interested my email is flowered@gmail.com, it is a size s/m (please see previous post for more photos of the bust detail). THIS WAS the most work I have put into a dress because the entire thing is done BY HAND. Please take note of the petticoat skirt, and how full the brown chiffon ruffle is at the very bottom, because that mother took me days to finish, gathering and sewing, gathering and sewing, gathering and sewing! It was one of those instances in sewing where half-way through you really regret starting it to begin with because it feels like the sweet, sweet end will never come. Anyway, it did come & I am really proud of this piece, honestly, it has little pearls and swarvoski crystals worked in, patchworks of lace and silk and satin, zipper back with five black hook closures. It makes me think of The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (am I the only person who looks up constume designers for films like this and reads every interview she can find and nerds out? I dont care about any other aspect of a film, most of the time, (sadly?) than the one awesome middle aged woman who cranks out the designs of my dreams - I say, who is this illusive einstein of fabric??? Swoon.

I feel really blessed to have Ryan support me so much in my endeavors - he actually gets excited with things I make, when he saw the star of david pillow he cursed over it and hugged it and wrote poems against it (I think he even took it to bed the first night!) and he gets really excited about my dresses and helps (he actually cut up one of his nice scarves for the blue patch on the back of this dress, and placed it himself, I thought it added a pirate-esque element!) He helps me with everything I do, actually, even for the flying duck photo I had remarked I'd always wanted a photo of bird wings in flight and he proceeded to help me scare the shit out of all the cold ducks at the pond edge for my photos!) I love him so much (the ducks, they don't love him so much).

Other things: winter walks in the woods, bird stationary to write home on, working on pillows for the couch (because pillows are just so overpriced, I prefer to dumpster dive for cushions, steal their stuffing, and make my own ;p). We found a really sweet jewish barn sale down the road, we actually have a temple three doors down! Anyway the barn sale is only once a month, which makes me really sad, but they have a "five dollar bag" where you pay five dollars and get a brown paper bag (the kind you might get grocery shopping) and you can fill it up with any of their clothings - it's like a dream, and my problems of needing scrap lace and velvets are over! I got the pretty rose scarf hanging up above the dresser in the bag sale, and the lacey top! (we got alot of stuff actually, i just didnt photo all of it, ryan is swimming in tight women's sweaters :p)

Sprouting bean sprouts for stir fry & I bought a pack of dinosaurs to squirrel all over things, like on bars of soap or in coffee cups in the cabinet :) The prettiest oil burner, it has moons and stars! And Ryan got a beautiful chained lantern (also at the barn sale) to hang above our couch (it also has stars and moons).

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

One of ryan's barn sale sweaters, ensign williams ;)

unsorted

I had orange hair for one day and it was amazing, this hair color is not ; I've heard good things about brights but it is awful it washed out of my hair in one day. ONE DAY, ALL GONE. I am going to get some napalm from SE when I have money :p

unsorted unsorted instagram

1 comment:

  1. It's extraordinarily awesome to have support, especially from someone you love.

    ReplyDelete