Sunday, February 24, 2013

hashtag: this is happiness

More snipets :) I feel blessed in life, and I hope all of you are finding blessings this winter, enjoying warmth and love and happiness - and if not, keep faith those things are waiting just around the corner! We were displaced and homeless for months and, now, we have the warmest home full of rescued garbagebin flower bouquets, tea, avocados softening against collections of jars in the kitchen, piles of pillows and blankets on the floor to watch movies on, hazy smoke, love, love love. I find love letters from Ryan, stuffed into the pockets of his work pants, when I do laundry - forgotten things that are two pages long. I find myself crying and feeling everything - we watched ET and i sobbed, tears streaming down my face, and he laughed at me and stuffed his face into my lap for comfort. I fall asleep with his arms around me and wake up with mine around him, tangled in sleep and adoration and thankfulness for eight hours a night.

For valentines we went to montauk, and stopped at roadside antique and oddity stores, a little like house of a thousand corpses (yes, those are horses with mermaid tails..).

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

We had watched an interview with kat bjelland Babes in toyland (was it her? I think it was the singer..), about her time roommating with courtney love, and she said they would dumpster dive in gorcery store trashbins for old flower bouquiets. It struck me as a brilliant idea for anyone who loves decorating with dead flowers, and I upped it by saying we should visit a florist. Ryan found a funeral home florist, whose dumpster was overflowing with gorgeous centerpieces, and rescued many flowers for me. I want to get flowers every week, this way.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Pillowmaking <3 starting to work on patchworks, upping the game!

unsorted unsorted unsorted

VHS collection! We recently got a VCR and on saturdays we pick out a few movies, each, from goodwill for our date night :)

unsorted

Red velvet pancakes with blackberries <3 Plates of sushi <3 suntea <3 Easter candy <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Stealing ryan's writing desk to draw and drink tea.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

I love where we live, the small townships from the 1600s, tombstones of the confidants of george Washington, it's all very surreal and dreamy, like a perpetual vacation, but this is our life. The stained glass windows were actually part of the library, with leather reading chairs and marble busts. New York is like nowhere else on earth, I am sure.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Where we watch movies on the floor <3 At night the candles are lit and there are considerably more pillows and it's like a small dream.

unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. It's so wonderful to read about the love in your life. I'm glad things are looking brighter and the photos you post are always so enchanting, like looking into another world. The world that you and Ryan have created together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these peeks into your life. such a beautiful way to live- in love and happy.

    ReplyDelete