Friday, March 15, 2013

What a nice week it has been (and it's not even over)! A few nights ago I got to spend downtime with Alison Scarpulla, who is as kind and pure-hearted as she is magical and mysterious. I love just speaking with her, it's such a positive, calming experience. She left many treasures, booksets to read, baby quartz that she mined herself, wands, crescent moons, frames (that I have been tirelessly trying to fill!) and a little bit of white light (which is always a blessing) <3

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

I also had an opportunity to meet and talk with Jess of bloodmilk jewels - there are some internet presences out there that are so grand it is difficult to transition them to real life - look I was sweaty and nervous to meet her. She was very soft spoken, though, and kind! We had planned to take photos on the beach for her seawitch collection, which I was so honored to be allowed to do & excited, truly, it is wonderful when what you are going to be photographing inspires you in and of itself. However, we spent three minutes on the shore and nearly froze! She left me with her collection to take photos of as I will & have plans for a shoot later in the months when it begins to warm. So excited about this darling girl!

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

unsorted

succulent? Ryan and I were idle in a friend's driveway and I noticed these everywhere - after asking if he was purposely trying to cultivate them (he wasn't) I began digging with my hands and got this tiny baby. I was worried it's first few days because half the time that I dig a plant out of the ground I damage the roots and it whithers, but it is doing quite well! it's that fluorescent light, girls, I haven't had a plant die since I began using it!

unsorted

A small sneak at a dress I am working on - this began as a slip that I added the sleeves, layers and tulle to. The core is finished, now to add more layers of lace, maybe a corset back, and beading :) The entire thing is made from pieces stained with coffee.

unsorted unsorted

1 comment:

  1. Ha! I have two of The Enchanted World series sitting on my table over there and every time I see them I think of you.

    I think you're pretty much perfect to shoot for Bloodmilk. That's awesome.

    ReplyDelete