Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I have a beautiful new creation up for sale here.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

I keep harping on about how persephone has finally come back because New York is finally temperate 70's, Ryan almost took his shoes off at the beach yesterday, even. Haides must be awfully lonely >> I always mix greek and roman names because some of them I just like better than others ; for example, I prefer persephone but with pluto as her counterpart, etc. We were talking about the gods, sprawled on the bed last night, and Ry insisted he was going to make a gritty true crime movie about cupid.

I hope you are all having a beautiful life. I want to say this: if you have a person actively trying to hurt your reputation, trying to turn people against you, etc, just let it go. I've had this problem for some time, it seems, and it has, until now, made me angry and hurt my soul. But recently I found an inner light, born out of my happiness in life, I think, and my own self content, to understand the vulnerability and confusion it takes in an individual to be so ugly to his or her fellow. And I hope that person grows, and learns, and finds lots of love to replace the dark things that bring them to being the way they are at present. If someone is so venomously against you, (I'd say) send positive vibrations their way so that they can heal, and in turn, you can heal. And hope that the important people stand by you, and the ones who do not, well, wish them well, too. All aggression stems from weakness which I saw on a youtube comment about north korea but feel it pertains to much more than war.

I feel so spiritually at peace for once in my life.

unsorted unsorted

In any case! I've been very sick but had some kind help & got the medications I needed & Ry and I managed through a broke week after rent so, in an effort to cheer my spirits and celebrate another month survived, Ryan took us into sayville for a daydate of The evil dead, a few precious gifts, and antique store perusing which were such a blessing - when you make due with very little you find a great sense of gratitude and happiness in splurging, even just a little.

Little gifts from him include a satchel of gemstones from the silver broom - the priestess charged the rose quartz, as she said she could sense I needed it & I really believe it is the cause of this newfound peace and forgiveness I am feeling. This stone of unconditional love that opens the heart chakra to all forms of love: self-love, family love, platonic love, and romantic love. The high energy of quartz gives rose quartz the property of enhancing love in virtually any situation. Bringing love in to life and daily situations not only brings inner warmth, but it also lowers stress and soothes those around it. Rose quartz is a very happy and loving stone. Also a small bottle of perfume, bundles of daffodils picked off the roadside & the prettiest gold scarf from a church secondhand store. Also went to a museum or two because I live in New York now and I can do that. Still humbles me.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

I don't even know how I got so lucky, truly the kindest person I have ever brought into my life, selfless, loving. And it doesnt hurt that during movie previews we both chuckle at the same things or that i wake up night after night - despite our huge bed - with my face pressed against the wall and heating grate because he is wrapped around me so tightly that it has almost pushed me onto the floor. Last night we were falling asleep - I mean I was mighty ungraceful on my stomach with my feet kicked out of the blankets - and he took my hand into his and held it as we dozed off ; it was a really unique kind of feeling, I thought of Pompey and how good we would look preserved through time in lava ^_^;

An adventure was had by driving out to manorville, to a historic abandoned church. I nabbed these great glass shutters off a rotting alter. Removed the rotted wood, sanded, painted, sanded, removed and cleaned the glass and added a new piping of silicone to hold it all in & attached the doors together to use as a tabletop - I might paint this entire little table white to more accurately go with the doors, but overall I am in love - ryan kind of laughed at me using them as a tabletop but isnt it a good idea? AM I CRAZY? The best thing is that you can slide things, trinkets or photos, under the glass top. Right now I just have natural history WIP on the table.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Little beach adventures continued: Ry searching the beachside for glass for my vastly growing collection! We find the most lovely broken shells & this time we even found a twisted seastar.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Drying flowers, spreading butterflies and moths, working in a pillow for my auntie (she has the most gorgeous fabrics shipped in from fifth avenue, they are upholstry but have a velveteen sheen and the colorways are so gorgeous for summer. There must be three pounds of this stuff and I am excited to start working with it! Boho gypsy dress in the works on my dressform. Tiny things, tiny miracles.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Also a dear friend heard about how I have been sick and sent me the prettiest care package <3 wedding brocades, a gorgeous glass locket, goldleaf books, black freshwater pearls & bellydancer coins <3 I have so much to create with these treasures!!

unsorted unsorted unsorted

If you want to feel truly enlightened I suggest you watch this video as a jumping off point for an entire range of interesting ideas! Ryan found it for us while we ate dinner tonight & there are so many things I have to learn more about, now.

3 comments:

  1. ooo pretty dress.
    it's awesome to see you have people who care about you and even do so much to make you feel better. It really is. ps.. your apartment is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that table. Your whole apartment is like a dream to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you find your locations, if you don't mind me asking? I'm a fellow resident of NY (Glensfalls area) and I'm really envious of your locations.

    ReplyDelete