Monday, April 22, 2013

Started trying to neaten up the patio - got one hanging planter up and filled it with moss, bleached out an old piece of fabric for a table cover & collected misc pottery for planting. I have an idea for hanging planters from the underside of every other step & collecting fallen bamboo from the bamboo forest to bring home, twine together, drive into the ground & make a makeshift privacy fence (just a yard or two in length in front of our glass doors) - has anyone ever done this, or even a table project with twined bamboo? We collected a few pieces of bamboo this weekend and I took a handsaw to them, I observed every other notch is hollow? Or in the piece I cut. It was alot of work to even make one cut this way, but i also want to make bamboo windchimes with the hollow sections.

Need to get alot of fresh potting soil and plant a vegetable garden when it's officially 70 or over for the season, that is what the tabletop is for - it will look beautiful covered in home grown tomatoes and jalapenos.

If I could rec one thing for spring it is to save all your glass jars! Hot sauce jars, pickle jars, olive jars, etc. I use so many jars for all of the flowers I pick, id spend a fortune if I wasnt recycling them :) Also collect everything! We collected a jar of pretty orange shells this weekend and drilled small holes into them & made windchimes with plastic wire.

It is nice to live somewhere where a random nature walks turns into signs letting you know that, yes, you are in a haunted forest.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted



Books for the shop - the quilt one is already listed here!

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Today ryan treated me to a teamug, a fresh bouquet of gypsophilia & apple incense oil. unsorted unsorted

1 comment:

  1. You could start the garden now. I'm not sure what zone you are in, I'm in garden zone 7a. I threw some seeds in the outside box and they are sprouting now.
    As for the bamboo ideal. I never used bamboo, just regular wood. Maybe make a bamboo frame and use lattice? Then you could grown some vines up the lattice.

    ReplyDelete