Sunday, April 28, 2013

Today we spent the day barn sale perusing, rolling around with a litter of kittens, and checking out a small new england library house from the 1930s (most of the books are that dated, too) - we got a membership for five dollars, quaint, not even checking ID, just writing ryan's name in lovely script in a leather ledger. So! every week will be filled with old, beautiful books ; the Peter Pan edition I checked out was from 1920 & the librarian remarked that it had last been checked out in 1973. And now, in 2013 <3

Also trying to ween ourselves off of conventional laundry. I do half of our laundry in the sink, once a week, now, with homemade detergent (you can google recipes but you basically just need borax and washing soda and something for your scent pref). I hang then to dry the first night inside, and then finish them off in the morning sun on the twine line I strung on the patio (they smell so much nicer than washing machine loads!).

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. The mere idea of a 1930's library house is just... whoa. Maybe if I start collecting a lot of books now I'll be able to get my own by 2030. Who knows. I think I dream of living in a library. *sigh*

    Also kittens. Personally I've been rolling around with a puppy, but man... those are cute. Really cute. And the sketches of them are almost as cute.

    I'll go away now before I narrate this whole post. Thank you for sharing! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe they have such a wonderful collection of old books at the library! I've always lived in highly populated suburbs and the books there last a few years before falling to pieces.

    The kittens are adorable. I used to work at the animal shelter and every spring there would be loads of kittens to take care of. They are always so hyper and silly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This must be so cool to put your hands on such old and pretty books! I love all the books, but the old ones are the best, they seem to have a bagage.
    And those little kittens are to die for... so cute! ^.~

    ReplyDelete