Friday, May 3, 2013

alot;

Atleast one weekend out of the month Ryan and I like to use no transportation and do everything on foot, it's good for us and good for the earth :) It's only friday afternoon but I am already really exhausted, we've walked to the market and back, and taken two other misc walks. It also helps put some things into perspective. Phew ;_; Atleast it gives us alot of downtime and I get alot done >>!

Had an idea for a tarot deck of natural history sketches worked in with swirls and victorian grillwork - it's a long, hard adventure but I am starting slowly, have a notebook with sleeves to protect the charcoal sketches. Made smudge sticks - the outside is made of wildflowers, but the inside has red willow bark for purification. Played with crochet headbands and chokers - a roman knot gold coin piece & a victorian lacey collar with a tiny hand crochet'd rose. Figured out how to do native bead looming without an actual loom, a book works fine!

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Took a walk and found an old dog kennel filled with old books - I took one on costume history and a 1972 yearbook because, really, look at these boys with their long hair, I feel like a teen boy finding a playboy in the woods!! Picked more tulips and cherry blossoms? they look alot like cherry blossoms. New York is really, really suffocating with flowers and trees and green! a month ago it was snowing, now our main road is just puffed with a canopy of blooming trees. It's breathtaking. And the japanese maples!! two or three in every yard!! I am glad for Ryan, in these moments, especially. We walk hours of our day in this weather and quietly enjoy the bird calls, the flowers, the smells of grass. We point overhead at cardinals, we leave our sliding glass door open for fresh air (and so the neighbors cat will peek inside (I am sure by this summer he will be coming in!))

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

And now that I have done all i can do in a few days, sketching and knitting and bundling and collecting and sewing, now that I have two blisters on my feet and a tummy full of hibiscus tea (so gooooood) I am going to sit down and play resident evil and relax and not think about creating anything all night!! (until tomorrow when I look for a blender so i can begin pulping grass for homemade grass paper) and the other things, cycles, cycles.

4 comments:

  1. I am soooo glad everything is falling into place finally for you :)

    And! I am so jealous each time you post pictures in which I can see different kinds of amazing teas which are not available at all here in old Europe! Must do some kind of exchange-post with you some day to get some of those teas, hahaha.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friends, I wanted to indicate that the site has been very successful :)
    I See hereinafter. I would like to invite you to their created blogs
    and sites. First, have a site named tubidy
    tubidy mp3 music can be downloaded
    via the mobile phone, even a very simple as you wish. Other than that,
    a great atmosphere and a chat with an extremely islami sohbet
    sites Waiting level, new friendships, friendships islami sohbet
    a great environment for the full verbatim by you. Finally, good words, aphorisms, and many others have
    shared with ayrılık sözleri sites
    ayrılık sözleri waiting for you, good blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your drawings:the swirls and victorian grillwork look so detailed and neat. I've been poring through my hobbit artbook and your stuff really reminds me of the swirly motifs they used for the elves!

    Also - finding old books in the woods sounds awesome *___*

    ReplyDelete
  4. no transportation day? That's cool
    that's every day for me. 3 mile walks to stores. It used to be 8 miles.

    ReplyDelete