Thursday, May 23, 2013

creator and creations

I am, in particular, proud of the sweater I am working on - it came to me on a whim last night and i began crochetting without a pattern ; it's worked in a dark mohair, which is lightweight so near the middle section you can see Ive begun beading it - i figure whatever length I go, every other row will have the same beading from this point, the sleeves, too - the peacock beads seem bright in the photos but in person they are much darker and blend into the entire thing seemlessly. Most of these shots are the first day' work, but I have one progress from today with half a sleeve finished. the sleeves are the killer ;_; Dont mind my filthy hands, they are always stained with ink or dye - this time, dye! I do have orange hair again, though :)

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Also finished a petticoat - made with all my leftover pale fabrics. It has two flowers, one chiffon and one hand crochet'd. The outside layer is by itself very puffy, but it also has an internal second layer that I ruffled in brown chiffon so that it's almost too puffy (but I dont think there is such a thing!)

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

And I made a messenger bag with what I had left of the floral upholstry fabric - proud of this, too. I havent made a four-walled tote bag in years, and I must have been doing them when i first began sewing because I remember it being really time consuming and hard - I made this one with no measuring, no pattern, and finishe dit in roughly ten minutes (not to mention it looks better than any bag I've made previously). It's funny how becoming efficient (or more efficient) in something like sewing makes going back and doing things that once seemed difficult very easy. Anyway, I made four pockets on the front outside, good for sketchbooks and one narrow enough for a paintbrush and pen (i wanted to keep this kind of sweet, so I handstitched the pockets). I also used an old guitar strap that Ali gave me for the strap and i think it goes great.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Sketches, concepts for my next canvas piece & my mothers photo and news article which i keep in one of my artbooks. Made a stuffed running horse pincushion. Crochetting and wearing bloodmilk.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted



Ryan and I were on a walk and someone's trash was knocked over and in the wet pile of garbage I spotted this great ring box with it's original gift box - I brought it home and washed all of it and think it's the prettiest combo of colors - I love these kinds of small boxes, I always want to do amazing things with them like make pocket shrines. This one inspired a book necklace.

unsorted unsorted unsorted

A sweet girl, laura, had a mass of paints, some inks, and a really pretty nib pen set she didnt need and sent them along to me, hoorah, paints to play with! I feel so blessed to know so many generous people!

unsorted unsorted

The kittens are big enough for outside play :) I so wish we could have one, they are such beautiful cats & maybe it is a PG13 cruella of me but I just want to shave all their fur and spin it into a delightful yarn. It would grow back >> eventually >> those colors, that black and gray gradient, ah, I love. unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

And now.. now I am very tired and I am going to nap.

(this is one of my favorite songs ryan has ever done, ministry esque.

1 comment:

  1. I am absolutely in love with that sweater, and those kittens are adorable!

    ReplyDelete