Saturday, July 13, 2013

native, too

Ah! Ryan said I am a spider :3 Finished the granny square lap blanket (small blankets aint' just for babies anymore) - really it was just an experiment, and now that I feel amazing at it, I am going to do one in a smoother cotton, with color changes. Also worked on doilies.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Working on Ryan and I's new zine & Painting a photo series - a beautiful nebula & a black hole eating it (gravitational lensing! Ryan liked my gravitational lensing!!) Playing with oils now that I have turpentine. Also I love using the back of canvas. Especially cutting one side out to use the paneling as a shelf for small canvas's to rest on when hanging up.

The zine is premo. Transluscent covers and wax paper for a frosty look ; over 10 satin finish prints inserted with photo corners so they can be taken out and displayed ; 8 of ryan's poems, all handtyped on the typewriter ; two pages of one of a kind to the zine drawings. Interactive inserts: a rose card, five cross wax seals that can be peeled and glued to letters & two butterfly templates to create little migrating swarms across your walls :) Handbound with bamboo thread and tied with cotton twine.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Around the house :) Installed some bamboo branches on the ceiling to hang even more flowers!

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Thank you trader joe's, take all of the money - coconut sprimps and vodka penne, ALL THE MONEY TRADER JOES, TAKE IT. New thing I love: stuffed grape leaves. Something I don't love: Green tea mochi. Favorite new find: Ladies and gents baked bean sprouts I sprouted these lentils in one day to leafing (thankyou, one good thing about east coast humidity!!) and baked them for five minutes topped with pepper & loose parm - bean sprouts are incredibly healthy and one of the few foods where more healthy components are activated when cooked.

unsorted unsorted unsorted

Weekly ice cream date at the parlor. Cherry vanilla ;)

unsorted unsorted

Tiptoeing around the neighborhood with my basket at 3AM, borrowing wildflowers and tree blooms.

unsorted

Things from ryan, a dollar bouquet from the farmers market & a pretty glasstop box that I stained and turned into a curiosity cabinet (and then bought more, did the same, and inserted star charts for the shop.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Offtrail, perusing shamen shops, butterfly silouettes, willowbranch crowns, native festivals (loved the drums!)

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

3 comments:

  1. Your productivity always amazes me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jessica, I tried writing you a letter, but it simply sounded too weird and too confusing (actually, I don't even have an email address, can I write you somewhere?) Maybe I will try again later. But here I am, trying to say it the simple way: you are my favorite person in the internet. Please keep being epic, peculiar, creative, and with the most beautiful sense of aesthetics. Friendly hugs from Chile (a country full of magic at the end of the world in South America where people speak Spanish and narrate ghosts stories) :)

    PS. Your creations are stunning, your blog entries interesting, and your photographs beautiful!
    PS2. Can I buy some of your creations on Etsy even if I am in Chile?

    ReplyDelete