Saturday, September 7, 2013

a little exploring, a little bit other

An assortment of things, re-arrange and clean the altar day :o) A few fresh roses from ryan's niece (she wanted to play a cute game of 'store' where I pay pretend money for pretend things and I said "what if I give you real money to go pick flowers for me?" :D and a tradition was born. He has the most lovely little nephews and niece! She literally had a bucket of flowers for me, children are so much better at these things, and for a quarter, take that trader joe bouquets :p

tabletop tabletop tabletop tabletop tabletop

One of the things I love most about new england is the rife of old-time general stores! I love little shops that make their own candy and potpouri and have fieldguides out on display with nests, it's so dreamy. With autumn fast on the way we have been seeing haunted house barns and haunted vegetable stands coming up, I think next week is the trek out to photograph and visit them all, to drink lots of pumpkin lattes and eat pumpkin cheesecake and you know, anytime it is below 80 degrees i let myself have anything with pumpkin in it :) I am so excited!!!

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Another trek around King's park. I love New York.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

My king's park dress - a dress made with satins & silks and laces recovered from the psychiatric luggage room. Lots of natural staining/aging, mixed in with beautiful heavy net tulle, handstitching, crochet flowers, freshwater pearls and collected swan feathers. Corsets for a free fit but also has a zipper :) flowered@gmail.com to inquire, asking 200shipped USA.

I am so happy ryan respects and understands what i do! And that he doesnt mind taking photos of me twirling around. But he truly appreciates the clothes I make, and makes me feel good about them, and admires them with a gleam in his eye that I'd only read about in romantic novels of lovers who respect one another~~~

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Did I mention we got a brocade armchair? Ryans home inside a home inside a home. He is happier than he looks, this is post-all day since 8AM of me making him jump fences to photograph abandoned buildings and having to wait an hour in line at the asian market for nori and, well, alot of things that make him look grumpy ^_^ oops ^_^;;; Atleast he has his armchair!! and autumn leaves sifting down in his hair :)

unsorted unsorted

Okay goodnight!!! (chocolate strawberry cereal with banana slices, ryan and i on the couch watching neverending story, mapping out all the pretty places upstate we want to visit. the flowers his niece picked for me, arent they gorgeous colors?!

unsorted unsorted unsorted

4 comments:

  1. Wow this is amazingly beautiful. I just moved into the city (Chicago) a month ago and I am really missing being out in the woods and picking flowers and everything =(. It still doesn't quite feel like fall here, but I am looking forward to warm apple cider and pumpkin pies and hot chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely adore these pics wuth the bunny masks, so pretty. And I love that some things never change.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always adored your photos on flickr but somehow never realized you have a blog until now. Your little knick knack arrangements are some of my favorites to browse. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you blog, beautiful pictures! I clicked on your etsy store link but it doesn't seem to work?

    ReplyDelete