Monday, September 23, 2013

I would blow by blow this update, but the door is open for fall air, cold enough that i have two sweater son already (new york is going to have a hard winter this year, i hear!) and a squirrel is outside - i ran by him to check the mail and he ran halfway up the tree across from our glass doors, and now he is sitting there starring at me and barking angerly and its just the cutest thing on the planet.

Starting on "okaruto" sweaters for fall, revamping the zines which are availble in my bigcartel (linked on the sidebar), making walnut ink at home. unsorted unsorted unsorted

Vineyards, which were lovely, but what more was there to take photos of then rich drunk people in limos? i took a cluster and used it in chicken salad :)

unsorted unsorted

Walnuts, inking and ink. Forgive my hands if they look yellow or brown in any photos, i didnt wear gloves for one minute and Im all stained up. Interestingly, there is no solvent knownt o man to remove walnut ink from skin - it has to fade over time as skin cells regenerate :p Sounds like henna - i just havent gotten around to googling the difference in henna and walnut.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Slightly different sweater design - this is still rough, only one sleeve and missing its hood and missing a trim all around, but this sweason is so stuffed with draping blacks in the goth world, long draping blacks, and i love it, i own alot of it, and i didnt want another sweater that was long and draping - wanted to make this above hipline to accent in layers your other black pieces :) look at my poor dressform, i always have to cut my dresses off of it :D

unsorted unsorted

library

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

Learned the "peacock eye" stitch - started on a taupe bamboo laceweight sweater, this will only take me all the years of my life - but i think people need that, a project that will be really satisfying at the end but that has no clear end in sight because its a labour of massive love and time.

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

huge flakes of mica - I love this stuff so much its semi transparent and glossy and silvery and mirrored - used in artwork in frescos to make them shimmer :)

unsorted unsorted

2 comments:

  1. It seems that your life is becoming more and more beautiful each second which pass. And I am really glad about it, in my opinion, you deserve it. And all your art is so singular and pleasurable... I just hope your dreams come true. :)<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog and instagram! As a fellow Renaissance Girl, it makes me so happy to see what you're up to. <3

    ReplyDelete