Saturday, November 30, 2013

the griswald family tree

Ah, just a few snapshots from around thanksgiving and the day after official treecutting! There is the most charming family owned new england treefarm down the road from us - varieties of all genus - we settled on a handsome 8 foot douglas fur, which is a litte too large, but everytime we look at it it makes us laugh. Ryan was on cutting, dragging, strapping, pruning, setting up, and decorating detail. Clearly someone had to man the camera, of course.

Ryan and I met, now, a year and a half ago. I left everything in Alabama and flew to him, and then together we left everything in California and came to New York - with 500 dollars in a cross country train and four bags, and here we are a year after. It has taken alot of frustration and effort to get our lives back to states of normalicy, but it was all really well worth it and I think we are both really happy to be spending this season comfortable and merry, and to be on track to our goals (I think, ultimately, we will either go on to salem or sleepy hollow for a short time, and then move overseas (we are both really keen on iceland, or possibly ireland where Ryan's blood hails from. I think this next year will be about working hard and saving money to that effect, but I am really excited for the future, whatever order it comes to us in.

Thankyou for all the kind messages and inquiries <3 My job is going just grand, we got a shipment of gingerbread cookies in so I cant wait to start baking them and selling them and oh!!! it's lovely. I'm on my second sweater commission this month, and they are open (but I am doing one now and the turnaround is atleast a week, so there is some waiting, but please send me a PM if youre interested : flowered@gmail.com).

Anyway, an 8foot tree looked really small on the farm. In our living room. well. Thankfully I got 4,000 strands of tinsil, and motion lights, so. :3 Time to make stockings!! This week: finish another sweater, drive around with ryan and peppermint mochas and look at christmas lights around the neighborhoods, see the newest LOTR film down at the five dollar cinema in sleepy little sayville (if its out, if not, when its out!) but boy do I love galadriel, she is my spirit <3 finish up my next batch of smithed sterling rings, set up my new record player (already got ryan's first christmas gift to go with it, an LP he will love!), take my shiny new ebt card with two months of benefits and do a crapload of organic grocery shopping, wish for snow!! id love to start my next gypsy dress, too, as I got the nicest azure dye for it (ive been wanting to do an azure dress for some time) & make a silver satin cape and a red taffeta cape with velvet lining - I have all of this material and dye but, alas, not the time. Anyway. All of that for another post. Everyone is always commenting on how busy I stay, and it is almost OCD, but with a dayjob I am finally beginning to fall behind my own schedules and creativity!

I am also REALLY considering buying an electric fireplace to stick in our real fireplace that we arent able to use, does anyone have brand recs or experience with them?? I cant think of anything damn nicer than sitting in front of it, Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness on vinyl, ryans head in my lap, snow outside our glass doors. If I wasnt me, living my life, id really want to be,and ive never gotten to experience that before! :D xo CONTENTMENT HOORAY *tinsil throw*

unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted unsorted

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, good luck with everything. Love your pictures.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a dream - moving overseas. I would love to see how it feels for you guys. I wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, as always. I got a question for you; are you ever planning on making journals again? I've been browsing through etsy, looking for a new journal for myself but I just can't stop thinking about the ones you made. Everything else seems to pale in comparison. I know you're really busy, but if you ever decide to make those again, I'm first in line!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Genealogist and Family Tree Lover,

    I hope all is doing well. Today have found World Largest Family video...... Lolzzzzzzz !!!
    I want to know how he can maintain his Family Records.
    If u know, So just View this video and comments Please.
    World Largest Video link : http://youtu.be/0sirheQL4bc
    Sincerely
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete